Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hold Fast

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness..." Ephesians 6:13-14.
Having done all, to stand. Stand therefore. That sounds to me like the Lord, through Paul, is telling us to keep standing. And standing. And when we can't do anything else, and we're worn out from standing, stand some more. Brother Hagin used to say something to this effect. If you are willing to stand forever, you won't be standing very long. But, if you aren't willing to stand, you will be there a while. And it is the truth.

As Word people, we seem to have gotten off the Word lately. Many of us have backed down from our confessions. We stopped looking at what God said, and started looking at what the world said. Instead of seeing, "By His stripes ye were healed," and believing that, we have said, "Well, I've heard that before." Or, "I know that, but it didn't work last time." Or something like that. NO! We cannot stand for that! God's Word says it! I believe it! That settles it! I don't care if you haven't seen a result, I don't care if you say it didn't work. Either God's lying, or you're lying. I pick you.

Start saying what His Word says about a situation!

I know the world says you gotta be sick with something, but what does God's Word say? You were Healed!
I know the world says that we are in a recession, but what does God's Word say? The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich! God provides for your every need!
I know the world says that we need to be worried, but what does God's Word say? Cast all your cares on the Lord, for He cares for you!

You see, it's not enough to know it, you have to speak it out of your mouth. God says, life and death are in the power of the tongue. God tells us that we can choose. Choose life!

He tells us in Mark 11:23-24 to speak to the mountain, and tell it to move, and be cast into the sea! So speak to that mountain! Someone asks you about it, and if you can't talk about it in faith, just do like Brother Creflo does, and say, "I'm working on something!" Start thanking God for the answers! You see, we need to hold on to what we have been taught, we need to hold on to what Brother Hagin, Brother Copeland, and all these others have preached. Your words will shape your reality! Hold fast to your confession!

We have to get back to this! I refuse to say anything contrary to the Word! I refuse to say that I am sick. I refuse to say that I am poor. I don't care what the circumstances say! What does the Word say? That must be the final authority in our lives.

When the world is in a downturn, the Church must rise up, and be victorious! We are victors! Overcomers! In every area of life! Sickness and disease can't hold us! Poverty and lack can't hold us! Depression can't hold us! We are children of the Almighty God, and joint heirs with Jesus Christ (the Anointed One and His Anointing)! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment