Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Protection and the 91st Psalm

I was working a while ago, and meditating on the fact that our words shape our reality. In Proverbs 18:21, it says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." So, we see that our words have power. In fact, God created the whole universe through His words, Hebrews 11:3, "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God." Proverbs 6:2 talks about the power of your words, "Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth." Our words are powerful, and Brother Hagin always used to say that "You can have what you say" I believe that with all my heart, and have seen it evidenced in my own life. I would like to take it one step farther and say that you WILL have what you say.

While I was meditating on this, I thought of the 91st Psalm. As soon as I got to the second verse, the Word of the Lord came to me. Here is what it says in verses one and two. "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."

Many times, we want to get all excited about dwelling in the secret place of the most High, but we do not know how to get there. That day, what God told me was ringing in my spirit for more than 3 hours! This is what He said, "How do you get in the secret place? You have to say, "LORD, You are my refuge, my fortress, you are my God, IN YOU I WILL TRUST!"

When situations arise, and trouble comes (and it will), you say to it, "No, it will not come near me!" Read the 91st Psalm, confess it over your life, and make the Lord your refuge by saying. Saying what you ask? Psalm 91:2. That is what you say. You confess it. Hebrews 3:1 says, "Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;" another translation renders the word profession as confession. Hebrews 4:14 (Amplified) says this, "Insamuch then as we have a great High Priest Who has [already] ascended and passed through the heavens, Jesus the son of God, let us hold fast to our confession [of faith in Him]." Hold fast your confession of faith in Him. Hallelujah!

When trouble arises, and it will, you hold fast to your confewsion of faith. The time to get in the Word and build yourself up is before the storms arise, but fear not, you can get in the Word and start building your faith up right now. Spend time with God. Read your Bible. Confess the 91st Psalm over your life. Get into that place of protection. Say of the Lord, "Lord, you are my refuge, you are my fortress! You are my God, the Lord of my life! In You I will trust!" Meditate on the Word, and let it not depart from you day or night. (Joshua 1:8) Stand strong on God's promise for you. Refuse to let Satan steal it from you. Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His Might! Confess God's word over you and your family day and night! Refuse to let satan steal from you, by making the Lord your refuge!

1 comment:

  1. http://whatisthewordoffaith.blogspot.com/2009/03/angels-with-broken-wings.html

    ReplyDelete